We will repair grout or regrout your shower or bathroom FASTER and CHEAPER anywhere in the Greater Vancouver, BC.
Mold is a non-scientific term for many types of fungi – unwanted, unappealing patches of black, brown, yellow, pink, green, smelly, fuzzy growths. Countless species of mold are found both indoors and outdoors.
Although mold and its spores are literally everywhere, active mold growth requires moisture. Whether on visible surfaces or hiding behind drywall, in attics, or under carpets, indoor mold grows in the presence of excessive dampness or water. Also found in damp indoor environments are:
– dust mites;
– break-down products of bacteria and molds, such as proteins, cell-wall particles (glucans) and volatile organic – – compounds (the actual cause of the musty odor associated with mold);
– airborne chemicals, gasses, and particulate matter caused by destruction of materials by growing molds.
Toxic black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, as it’s known to scientists, can release spores as it feeds on organic materials in common household materials like drywall, carpet, insulation or sub-flooring that have been exposed to moisture. These spores, if ingested or inhaled, can cause a range of unpleasant and even dangerous symptoms in humans.
The most common black mold symptoms and health effects are associated with a respiratory response. Chronic coughing and sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat, rashes, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning.
Preventing mold growth requires preventing leaks, removing standing water, venting areas prone to condensation (especially bathrooms and kitchens), and immediately drying or removing damp carpets and furniture. Mold-inhibiting paints can be used indoors, and air conditioners and dehumidifiers can be used in humid weather.
We do it all:
– WALL, CEILING AND FLOOR REPAIRS
– PAINTING AND PLASTERING
– KITCHEN AND BATHROOM TILING
– INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR DESIGN
– RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL RENOVATIONS
– EMERGENCY HOME, HOUSE AND PROPERTY REPAIRS
– WALL, CEILING AND DOOR REPAIRS
– KITCHEN, BATHROOM, CLOSET AND BASEMENT RENOVATIONS
– WINDOWS AND DOORS